Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Some Reflections on Cortes Experience


Life in a small community is very unique – Halifax is a small community of course, but THIS, Cortes island is a small community.

As is true of any place, and is easy to notice here, there are very distinct layers.  Not better or worse, but layers like the layers of a cake.  I have been given a gift to be able to play within layers and not be aligned with any particular group or space.

The biggest challenge that I have faced with this gift (A true gift is often just as much a challenge) is the balance between flowing between groups, and not fitting in at all.  I often feel called to take space from everyone in order to remember who I am without group influence, and yet I can also be a very social creature.  These kinds of dualities are the beautiful jewels which present themselves for each of us in some form.

To be at peace with a duality is to realize that each side could not exist without the other.  We are not meant to choose a final scenario, but allow the openness of the moment to find its own balance through awareness, intention, and attention.  To choose one side of a personal duality is to create a blind spot.

There have been lots of opportunities to dance here!

And sing.

And play.

I have been able to connect with children more than ever.  I have often found myself intimated around children; for fear that my presence may influence the conditioning that I am working with.  The joke is that most children are much more unconditioned than any adult, and so the opposite may be true, where either I can learn from their truth or better yet a balanced exchange is met.

Another really beautiful opportunity has been to connect more deeply with men.  For the last year or so I have been experiencing introversion where I have not connected as deeply with male friends.  I set the intention last month to meet and share with other men who are open to spirituality and love – Thy wish be granted.

And finally on the human frontier, I have been seriously reconsidering the way that I interact with women.  It has been more confusing than fun, which is where the magic tends to happen, in unsure ness.

Thinking back on the last month there are mental/emotional/physical experiences I am proud of, ones I am not proud of at all, and ones where I am just starting to see a balance that fits my soul.

With all 3 of those scenarios, I am just honoured to be able to express my feelings and truth with all of the women involved.  Moving through/Working with the personal layers through self inquiry and honest expression has been intense and grounding.
This writing feels a little choppy, but I am pushing myself (gently) to publish it to get the ball rolling again.  I find there to be certain momentums with the different work I am doing, and like a motor starting, it can sometimes come with a few stutters.

Love you and all you do

No comments:

Post a Comment